Thursday, February 2, 2012

Jon Pylypchuk | Small Log






Late last year Paul + Wendy Projects released this bronze sculpture by Jon Pylypchuk, in an edition of ten.

The artist recounts the work's origin in a recent interview: "I was sitting around with my friend Andrew and he was urging me to think of something for the facade of the New Museum in New York. I had these logs sitting around and I had been drinking booze too often. I was thinking about how stupid it is to drink so much, and sort of thought that I was like this drunk log.

I made a much larger one with the intention that if the project got green lighted that I would make a bunch of drunk logs walking around the Bowery. I liked the idea and thought that it would make a nice edition. When I got the logs back from the foundry I intended to make them holding a little airplane bottle of Jack Daniel's but it looked better without it."

The piece is 8.5 by 5.5 by 3.5 inches and is signed and numbered by the artist. There are still a couple left, and they sell for $800. Click here to purchase.

No comments:

Post a Comment